Thursday, August 3, 2017

mtDNA K=UHG?


I've got a really strong feeling that the ancestry related to Mesolithic Europeans ('UHG') in Neolithic Anatolia derives from a population which mostly carried mHG K. These mHG K rich people (UHG) would have been the Near Eastern/Eastern European cousins of mHG U5 rich Mesolithic Europeans (WHG). I think they lived somewhere within this range that I guess you can call the 'East Mediterranean.'

Click  HERE  for a PDF version that is easier to read.***   



I've scratched off a big chunk of Europe from my list of possible homelands for K1 and K1a because the evidence proves a large chunk of K1 in Europe arrived from Anatolia in the Neolithic(See the map below). By and large K1a in (Western?) Europe falls under a handful of subclades dated to the early Neolithic: K1a4a1(9ky), K1a2a(8ky), K1a3a(10ky), K1a1b1(8ky). All of those clades have been found in Neolithic farmers from Spain and Britain but not in any Mesolithic European foragers.

Click  HERE  for a PDF version that is easier to read.*** 





Here are phylogenetic trees I made for K1. The trees include age estimates I get for K1 clades using Soares 2009's age estimator.

K1a tree. *Blank boxes are for rare K1a clades. I only show the name of popular K1a clades.

Click  HERE  for a PDF version that is easier to read.*** 



Other K1 tree.

Click  HERE  for a PDF version that is easier to read.*** 




In the Middle East, and possibly some parts of Europe, K1a has few links to K1a in (Western?) Europe. The only K1a clade common in both Europe and the Middle East is K1a4 (13ky). This means most European (ultimately Anatolian) and Middle Eastern K1a clades went their separate ways way back in the Early Mesolithic.

mHG U5b1 (19ky) shows this same pattern. Most U5b1 clades in Spain and Eastern Europe went their separate ways back in the Mesolithic/Late Paleolithic. Ancient mtDNA confirms U5b1 (19ky) clades had already expanded and gained popularity by the Mesolithic. The same may turn out to be true for K1a (17ky).

Mesolithic K1a didn't have the same geographic extent it has today. I think K1 and K1a were expanding, diversifying into new subclades, only within some populations of the 'East Mediterranean.' Anatolia Neolithic's mysterious 'UHG' ancestor was definitely one of those populations.

There's actually already documentation of K1 in the Mesolithic 'East Mediterranean'. The first two mtDNA samples from Mesolithic Greece belong to the same rare or extinct K1c* clade (See here) and 26% (11 out of 42) of mtDNA samples from Mesolithic Serbia/Romania belong to now rare or extinct forms of K1(K1*=6, K1c*=3, K1a*=1, K1f*=1).

Watch when someone sequences DNA from Mesolithic Anatolia. I won't be surprised at all if the results are a WHG-like population with 50% mHG K1 that fits well as Anatolia Neolithic's 'UHG' ancestor. 

14 comments:

  1. Very nice! MtDNA K1 folks will be happy to find this blog! MtDNA K is downstream or was U8, correct? Does MtDNA K2a have a similar migratory path & Mesolithic homeland? MtDNA K2a was found in GAC in Poland. According to the book: Corded Ware Culture and Globular Amphora Northeast of the Carpathians, GAC only last about 3 or 4 generations in some areas AND female idol small statues were found in some graves! Doesn't that seem very Cucuteni Trypillian like? I've read that GAC MtDNA was Funnel Beaker-like. My paternal Grandmother was K2a and her Grandmothers were from Venne, Germany. See: Venne in America by Udo Thorner for a list of families associated with the mass emigration of tenant and small Cottage Farmers from the village Venne in the region of Osnabruck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm right about K1 being important somewhere in the Mesolithic East Med then K2a was definitely there right along with it. I didn't mention K2 in this post because I don't have enough K2 mitogenomes to say much about it.

      Delete
    2. Regarding mtDNA K2a......just scanned Jean Manco's database. MtDNA K2a5 was found in Germany in the Corded Ware Culture. Seems both of my Grandmothers possessed CWC ancestry from Germany.

      Delete
    3. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guaranteed for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 or 2 is because they believe in medical reports, drugs and medical treatments which are not helpful to cure HSV and haven't proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr AKHIGBE. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Dr AKHIGBE natural herbs helped save me from Genital herpes permanently and I’m so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful African Herbalist Dr AKHIGBE by reaching hiS email Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349021374574, he also cure DIABETES, ALS, HPV, FIBROID, HIV, and HEPATITIS A,B,C.

      Delete
  2. If you have time, I'd welcome your opinion about K1a10/K1a10a.

    K1a10 seems to have died out. It appears as a branch at http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/k1a10_genbank_sequences.htm ,
    but really it deserves to be its own branch with G16047A.

    I keep an all-source map of K1a10/K1a10a at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y8ZJIjblMPzmNesm37Ea7n3Yv3w&usp=sharing

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Map! Thanks for sharing. My data is consistent with your map. Out of some 30,000 samples from Europe and Middle East all but one K1a10s is from Britain, Ireland, and Scandinavia. The other K1a10 is the same Bulgarian K1a10 on your map.

      I won't have an opinion on K1a10 till I find more examples. One possible origin for K1a10 Mesolithic Northwest European origin that somehow links Scandinavia and the British Isles.

      How did you find so many K1a10s?

      Delete
  3. I just watch all the databases. No one has ever published anything about K1a10. It was my Google Map which localised it for me.

    I wonder if the first K1a10 woman lived in Doggerland. The flaw in that theory is that Doggerland didn't connect to Norway and Sweden, where there is some K1a10/K1a10a, but rather to the Low Countries and Denmark, where there isn't any.

    Also, if the two academic estimates of the age of K1a10a are correct (2,693 years and 2,900 years), that means an Iron Age expansion over Britain and Ireland. That doesn't make sense to me. But then, move a village with every generation and I guess you end up covering the islands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I didn't know K1a10a's age estimate is so young.

      Delete
  4. Hi Samuel,

    Just wondering whether you made a video about Cheddar man in the end...

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to let all know that the size of your Penis really matters in your relationship or marriage. I got married to my wife about 1 month after we met on a photo studio, we lived happily for the first 3 months of our marriage until i and my wife started having quarrels at home because i couldn't satisfy her on bed with my little penis. Actually my penis was very small, it measured about 4.5 inch long on erection and i am 39 years old. My wife said it was forbidden by the women of this world. My wife started sleeping with other men outside. Sometimes i will return from work without finding my wife at home and whenever i call or ask her where she was, she will always snub at me and sometimes just tell me to go get a larger dick. All this continued for a long time and it hurt me so much that i was at the edge of breaking up on the marriage till when i read about a doctor called DR.AFRID. online. I never thought i could smile and be in a happy marriage again if not for the help of DR.AFRID. I got the doctors Emails:(drafridherbalhome@gmail.com ) on the internet and i emailed him, and he got back to me with some encouraging words, he got me some herbs cream which i use for just 8 days and i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, and without surgery. This went on for a little period of about 10 days and to my surprise my wife keeps screaming that she love my big dick now. Now my wife no longer cheat on me, and my penis is now about 10.5 inches long on erection and off course very large round. And now my wife uses breasts, hips and bums enlargement. I and my wife are very happy for the help rendered to me by DR.AFRID , and i want to say a big thanks to Doctor for the help. You can contact the Doctor now on his Email:( drafridherbalhome@gmail.com ) Am thankful to the doctor for helping me. his whataspp number +2349057260738 DOCTOR AFRID CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS 1. HIV/AIDS SPELL 2. HERPES SPELL 3. CANCER SPELL 4 IF YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK SPELL 5 IF YOU NEED A BABY SPELLhim to solve 6 LOW SPERM COUNT SPELL get all your problem solve. No problem is too big for him to solve.  

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
    Whatsapps +1-(551) 356-3808 (call/WhatsApp)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete