Sunday, March 5, 2017

First mtDNA from Mesolithic Sardinia; J2b1 and I3



Modi, A. et al. 2017 just published mito genomes of two 10,000 year old Mesolithic individuals from Sardinia. One belongs to J2b1 and one to I3. Neither belongs to hg U, the lineage which 97% of 100+ other Mesolithic European mtDNA samples belong to.

A J2 and a hg I dating around 10,000 years old have been found in the Near East. Their presence in Mesolithic Sardinia indicate Mesolithic Europe, maybe specifically Mediterranean Europe, exchanged genes with the Near East before Near Eastern farmers migrated en masse into Europe in the Neolithic.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete